February 27, 1:00-3:00 pm EST
In person (CSI Spadina, Viola Desmond Room, 3rd floor) OR Online
*Please note, online participants will receive a one hour lecture and Q&A period with Mikhael Bornstein from 1:00-2:00 pm EST.
All participants will have access to a recording of the lecture for 60 days.
Launching a new IT system, implementing a new strategic plan, restructuring a department, organizational change is one of the most common challenges facing you as a nonprofit leader.
In this interactive seminar, you will learn how to lead successful organizational change. You will learn how authentic, transformational leadership can drive organizational change. You will learn the eight practices of effective change leaders and the common mistakes that sabotage change efforts.
Heraclitus said, “The only constant in life is change.” And, while it is certainly true that we are living through an era of unprecedented change, the best leaders have the tools to successfully navigate organizational change and set up their organizations for success.
If you are interested in becoming a more effective change leader, this seminar is for you!
Change management is a core leadership skill. If you took part in the Authentic Leadership, Transformational Leadership, and Effective Management workshop will learn new skills in this workshop that will compliment and reinforce the skills you developed in the previous workshops.
Participants in this seminar will learn:
- Why effective change management is so important in the nonprofit sector
- The eight practices of effective organizational change leaders
- Why authentic, transformational leadership are at the heart of effective change leadership
- Why the factoid that “60% of organizational change efforts fail” is wrong
- What are some of the common pitfalls of organizational change, and how to avoid them?